Woman accuses Ballari MP’s son of cheating her on promise of marriage, latter too files complaint

3 Min Read
Ballari MP Devendrappa's son Ranganath and the victim.

BENGALURU, MYSURU: Ballari BJP MP Y Devendrappa’s son Ranganath Y D has been accused of sexually exploiting a 24-year-old woman from Bengaluru and later dumping her. On the other hand, Ranganath has accused the woman of blackmail and filed a complaint in Mysuru under the SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act.

Ranganath (42) works as a lecturer at Maharaja’s College in Mysuru. According to the victim, they came to know each other through some friends about one-and-half-years ago after which they got into a relationship. In January, they engaged in sexual acts at a hotel in Mysuru, she claimed.

The FIRs filed by the victim and the MP’s son.

The woman said that she asked Ranganath to marry her, but then he started avoiding her and refused to marry her. When she brought it to the notice of Devendrappa, he got angry with her. Left with no choice, she lodged a complaint at the Basavanagudi women’s police station and an FIR was registered under IPC Sections 420, 417 and 506. The police have since issued a notice to Ranganath.

Meanwhile, the MP’s son has lodged a complaint against the woman at the Vijayanagar police station in Mysuru alleging that he is bieng blackmailed with photos and audios clips. He also alleged that the woman had threatened to send the pictures and audio clips to his wife and had demanded Rs 15 lakh. He has also named one Srinivas in his complaint.

Ranganath has also furnished an audio clip in which the victim allegedly spoke to his friend Kallesh and made a demand for Rs 15 lakh. He also alleged that was blackmailing him through other friends and that he had paid her money on previous occasions. Unable to bear her ‘torture’, he filed the complaint, he noted.

Ballari MP Devendrappa.

Speaking to reporters on the controversy on Friday, Devendrappa said, “We are not such a family. It’s about 10-12 years since my son got married and the couple are living happily. If a complaint has been lodged against him, let the law take its course. The police should investigate and establish the truth”.

Share this Article