DAVANAGERE: A youth died on Sunday night while many others have taken ill after consuming contaminated water at Kaananakatte village in Jagalur taluk.
The deceased Ramesh (25) had developed fever and since it was not coming down, he was shifted from the taluk hospital to the district hospital. However, he did not respond to treatment.
Many people in the village have developed fever. A broken water pipeline is said the be the cause of the contamination. The taluk health officials visited the village and took stock of the situation.