Woman, son electrocuted after coming in contact with immersion coil

1 Min Read

BENGALURU: A woman and her four-year-old son were electrocuted by an immersion coil, used for heating water, at Kanaka Nagar in Hosakote on the outskirts of the city on Sunday afternoon.

The immersion coil was kept in the bathroom to heat water when the boy Jayananda came in contact with it. In a bid to rescue him, the mother Jyothi also came in contact with the coil and both were electrocuted.

Four-year-old Jayananda and his mother Jyothi.

The family hails from Raichur and Jyothi and her husband work as a construction labourers. They had arrived in the city recently. The Hosakote police visited the spot and have registered a case. Further investigation is on.

Share this Article
Leave a comment