Shops gutted in late-night blaze, items worth lakhs destroyed in Belagavi 

1 Min Read
Short circuit in tyre shop, adjacent six shops gutted in fire.

BELAGAVI: More than six shops were gutted after fire broke out at a tyre shop due to an electrical short circuit, near the Belagavi bus stand late Saturday night.

The fire spread to two tyre shops, a battery shop, a transport shop, a tools shop and other adjacent establishments. All tree was also burnt in the blaze which lasted over half-an-hour before it was brought under control.

About 13 fire tenders reached the spot  and extinguished the fire after a two-hour operation.

There are more than 30 houses at Kathal Galli next to the shops, but they remained safe due to the efforts of the firemen.

People ran from their houses in fear after flames started spreading all over.
MLA Anil Benake visited the spot immediately, and promised the owners that he would get them compensation. Items worth lakhs of rupees were damaged in the fire.

The incident took place under the jurisdiction of the Belgaum Market Police Station.

Share this Article