CHIKKABALLAPUR: Over 50 sheep, worth about Rs 3 lakh, were burnt alive after a hut caught fire, due to a suspected electrical short-circuit at Moogireddy village in Bagepalli taluk on Thursday night.
The herd of sheep belonged to farmer Narayana Nayak and his wife Baddalamma. The couple have appealed to the district administration to provide them relief.
The Fire and Emergency Services doused the fire, but the hut was completely burnt all the sheep burnt alive. A case has been registered at the Cheloor police station.