Over 50 injured in gas cylinder blast in Aurangabad during Chhat Puja

Public TV English
Public TV English
2 Min Read

AURANGABAD: At least 50 people sustained injuries after a fire at a general store in the Shahganj Teli area of Bihar’s Aurangabad on Saturday caused a gas cylinder and a refrigerator to burst during Chhat puja preparations.

As per the information, the incident took place around 3.30 am after the shop caught fire and as result of that 50 people were injured.

The Police and fire brigade teams rushed to the spot and several police personnel sustained injuries while trying to extinguishing the fire.

Anil Kumar, the owner of the general store

The owner of the shop Anil Kumar, said that, “There was Chhat Puja at my place for which my wife was preparing prasadam and that was when we realised that the shop had caught fire and everybody started running here and there. Amidst this a cylinder exploded and all of us, including my son got injured”.

The injured were undergoing treatment at a hospital, officials said.

Police are investigating the incident and further details are awaited.

Earlier in Hyderabad, one person died and six persons were injured after a cylinder exploded in a house in Hyderabad’s Mettuguda Division Dood Bavi area, a three days ago. (ANI)

Share This Article