Massive fires at garment stores in Marathahalli, Malleswaram destroys goods worth lakhs

Public TV English
Public TV English
1 Min Read

BENGALURU: Garments worth several lakhs of rupees were gutted in separate massive fires on Marathahalli main road and in Malleswaram in the city on Monday night.

A fire broke out in a building on Marathahalli main road late on Monday night due to a short circuit in a transformer. Four shops in the building were gutted, and clothes worth lakhs of rupees were burnt.

The firefighting operation was carried out for three hours late into the night. Fortunately, the three staff members who were sleeping in the building escaped unhurt. The HAL police visited the shop and have registered a case.

In a separate incident, a fire broke out at a garment store near the Sampige Road signal in Malleswaram and clothes in the shop got burnt. A spark from a computer system is believed to have caused the fire. The fire brigade reached the spot immediately upon receiving information and extinguished the fire. No casualties were reported.

Share This Article