BALLARI: Several garment shops and hotels were gutted after an accidental fire broke out at a cloth shop at the Janatha Plot in Hampi on Thursday night. Luckily, no casualties were reported in the incident.
Initially, a fire broke out in a cloth shop and it quickly spread to adjacent shops, the Mango Tree Hotel, Annapurneshwari Choultry and other small shops. The fire spread fast after LPG cylinders in the hotel burst.
Local police and firefighters fought hard to bring the blaze under control and ensured that there was no loss of life. A case was registered at Hampi police station.