RAMANAGARA: A Class 5 student suffered burn injuries in the face during the Pratibha Karanji even at a school in the taluk on Wednesday.
A Veeragase performance was organised at the secondary school in Lakshmipura village where students were putting petrol on a rangoli to create a fire.
During the performance, a student, identified as Preetham, suffered burns in the face due to the petrol and fire. He was immediately shifted to the Ramanagara district hospital where he is undergoing treatment.
Parents have expressed anger against the school authorities for allowing the use of petrol during the performance and said that no precautions were taken. They have demanded strict action against those responsible for the incident.