Boy suffers electric shock due to negligence of contractor in Kataragi taluk

1 Min Read
A school going boy Viresh electrocuted for the negligence of a contractor

KOPPALA: A 10-year-old boy, identified as Viresh, suffered an electric shock due to the negligence of a contractor  at Mailarapur village in Kataragi taluk on Friday.

Live wires were scattered on the ground, working without taking any precautions.

Viresh was electrocuted while playing on the school grounds, where the contractor had drawn a live electric wire on the ground. As a result of the shock, the boy has lost his memory and suffered a grave injury to his fingers.

A schoolboy Viresh was electrocuted after he touched a live wire.

The contractor is constructing a water tank and had allegedly illegally drawn electricity from the high tension wire. A case has been registered against the contractor Mahadevappa at the Karatagi police station.

Villagers of Mailarapur are demanding the police to take action against Zilla Panchayat officers for allowing the contractor to take up the work by drawing an illegal connection.

Share this Article