BENGALURU: The Karnataka cabinet on Thursday approved an ordinance for increasing the reservation for Scheduled Caste community from 15 per cent to 17 per cent and for Scheduled Tribe community from 3 per cent to 7 per cent.
“My cabinet has taken a historic decision of approving the ordinance on hiking the reservation for my brothers and sisters from the SC and ST communities from 15 per cent to 17 per cent and 3 per cent to 7 per cent. This historic decision will bring light and shine into their lives and uplift them by providing adequate opportunities in education and employment,” Bommai tweeted.
The Cabinet decided to implement the increase in reservations for Scheduled Castes and Tribes through an ordinance. In addition to this, for taking up major storm drain development works (SWD) under the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) on priority, It was decided to give ex-post facto approval to the action plan for works estimated to cost Rs 1,500.00 crore.
Other important cabinet decisions:
- A decision is likely on Karnataka Public Service Commission Annual Report 2020-22.
- Decision regarding renewal of the lease period of 31,215 BBMP land granted to Tirumala Sri Lakshmi Venkateswara Temple institution for a period of 30 years with effect from April 1, 2001.
- Karnataka Lokayukta Institute 2018-19, 2019-20: Accounts and annual report for the year 2020-21.
- Administrative approval for Rs 15 crore to Raichur University for providing basic facilities.
- Rs 347.92 crore to upgrade the under-construction airport in Vijayapur city to handle Airbus-320 type airport with administrative approval and the decision to name the airport Sri Jagajyoti Basaveshwara Airport.
- Rs. 33.92 crores approved for purchase anaesthesia, workspace and patient monitoring (Anaesthesia Workstation Patient Monitor) equipment at 18 medical institutes under the Department of Medical Education.
- Administrative approval for revised estimate of of Rs. 47.47 crore for the water Ted Kindi dam Paduvari village, Byndur taluk, Udupi district.
- Approval of Karnataka Education Department Services (Public Education Department) Recruitment Rules.
- Decision regarding registration of workshops allotted to Scheduled Caste artisans in the name of housing beneficiaries, constructed by Jagjivan Leather Industrial Development Corporation under Dutch-assisted project and other schemes .
- Administrative approval for construction of new bus stands at Belthangadi taluk centre of Dakshina Kannada district by Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation at an estimated cost of Rs 12 crore.
- Approval of ‘Draft Policy and Guidelines for Operation and Management of Eta Irrigation Schemes under Water Resources Department. (ANI)