8-year-old boy electrocuted to death after tugging at guy wire in Gauribidanur

admin
admin
1 Min Read

CHIKKABALLAPUR: An eight-year-old boy was electrocuted to death after he tried to pull a guy wire fixed to a transformer near Manchenahalli in Gauribidanur on Thursday morning. The deceased was identified as Nagendra, a ragpicker.

It is said that the boy pulled the guy wire hard and it touched the transformer, electrocuting him to death on the spot. Power utility Bescom has not been blamed for the incident.

The boy tugged at a guy wire near the transformer, which electrocuted him.

Work on the Chikkaballapur-Gauribidanur stretch of the national highway is going on and the drainage near the transformer is also being repaired. The boy tugged at the guy wire outside the drainage, resulting in the electrocution, Bescom officials said.

Bescom officials, who visited the spot, said further action will be taken after receiving a report from the electrical inspectorate.

Share This Article