BELAGAVI: In a heart-wrenching incident, a six-year-old boy died after his throat was silt by a kite string on Sunday. The incident occurred when he was going on a two-wheeler with his father on the old Gandhi Nagar bridge in Belagavi. The boy succumbed to death at a hospital later without responding to treatment.
The deceased boy was identified as Vardhan Iranna, a resident of Hattaragi village in Hukkeri taluk. He had come to Belagavi with his father to buy new clothes for the Deepavali festival. After the purchases, Vardhan and his father were on their way to his uncle’s house when the incident occurred.
Vardhan was rushed to a hospital in a critical condition by his parents, but he did not survive.
Following by the incident, district Superintendent of Police Dr Sanjiv Patil has issued a media release requesting the public to share information about the sale and use of such dangerous kite strings. The identities of informants will be kept confidential and they will also be rewarded. He also promised that appropriate action will be taken against those who sell and manufacture harmful strings. People can contact 94808 04000.