3 of family, including child, have lucky escape after two LPG cylinders blast

1 Min Read
Representative image.

HASSAN: A family of three had a miraculous escape after two LPG cylinders burst in the kitchen at Nagenahalli village in Belur taluk early on Wednesday.

The incident occurred at the house of one Sheikh Ali. One LPG cylinder, which was connected to the kitchen from outside the house, burst around 2.45 am due to leakage. Shabha and her children were still asleep and when she got  the smell of the leaking gas, she ran out of the room with her children Aliya and Heena. Barely 10 minutes later, another cylinder burst, causing a fire in the house.

Neighbours who were awakened by the blast, gathered near the house and helped put out the fire before it spread to other houses. Locals had extinguished the fire before the fire brigade arrived at the site.

The walls and tiles of the house were damages due to gas cylinder blast.

The cylinders were connected to the kitchen from the outside house and, as a result of the cylinder blast, the house walls, tiles and household items were damaged. The Arehalli police visited the spot.

Share This Article