13-year-old girl playing on terrace electrocuted after coming in contact with power line

1 Min Read

BELAGAVI: A 13-year-old girl died after she came in contact with a power line in front of her house at Machche village in the taluk on Monday.

Madhura More was playing on the terrace of her house when she came in contact with the live wire and was electrocuted.

Power utility Hescom had served a notice to the More family not to go ahead with the construction of the house due to the presence of the high tension power line. However, the family ignored the notice and went ahead with building the house.

The body of the girl was handed over to the family after the post-mortem procedure. A case has been registered at the Belagavi Rural police station.

Share this Article