Tamil Nadu: Tusker dies due to electrocution in Nilgiris

Public TV English
1 Min Read
Representative pic

NILGIRIS: A male wild elephant was electrocuted and found dead in the Gudalur area of Nilgiris district, officials said on Friday.

The carcass of the elephant was discovered by the forest officials.

As per reports from Rajesh Kumar, a veterinary assistant surgeon, the elephant died due to electrocution.

According to Forest Range Officer, Gudalur Division, the elephant died after it came into contact with an electric board line installed in the area.
“The tusker pushed the tree and came in contact with the EB line, after which he got electrocuted and died in the agricultural patta land in Gudalur,” said the forest officer.

A post-mortem investigation has been arranged and it will be conducted by Dr Rajesh Kumar, veterinary assistant surgeon in the presence of NGOs.

A proper inspection is underway by the District Forest officer in the field. A detailed report into the death of the animal will be submitted after conducting the post-mortem.

Further details into the matter are awaited. (ANI)

Share This Article
Exit mobile version