BBMP sets new record with 40 per cent rise in property tax collection

Chandan Arora
2 Min Read

BENGALURU: The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) has set a new record in annual tax collection with a 40 per cent surge and has also planned to award its employees who complete the tax collection target.

The BBMP has set a new record in annual tax collection with a 40 per cent rise.

The BBMP has given its officials a target of 12 weeks for annual revenue collection. This year’s annual tax collection target is Rs 4,189 crore and so far, Rs 2,718 crore in property tax, accounting for 64.88 per cent, has been collected. For the last three years, the property tax collection has seen a steady increase.

“Jut twelve weeks remain till the financial year ends in March. We have decided to set weekly targets for our officials, including revenue officers and assistant revenue officers, to collect property taxes. We will monitor weekly receipts and we have already achieved quite a bit of our yearly target”, said BBMP Special Commissioner Deepak.

Deepak, BBMP Special Commissioner.

“We have almost achieved 67 per cent of revenue collection and the remaining 33 per cent will be collected over the next 12 weeks. This includes all the property taxes like commercial establishments, malls, etc. We are hopeful of reaching the target. Some of our officials have already reached the targets and some are yet to achieve it. This time, the annual revenue collection has spiked by 40 per cent. We have also discussed a reward system, but it is not a formal one. We will recommend it to our Chief Commissioner”, he added.

Share This Article
Exit mobile version